For 40 years, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI), the national carrier of the Kingdom of Thailand, has earned a worldwide reputation for offering high standard products and customer services. The success of THAI is apparent through numerous customer surveys conducted by well-known institutions both within and outside Thailand.
Furthermore, THAI has been entrusted by international carriers operating to and from Bangkok International Airport, to provide ground handling, aircraft maintenance and catering services. With a unique and charming Thai culture and tradition, coupled with the worldwide reputation of delicious Thai cuisine, THAI’s catering services has developed its service standard to provide high quality meals on board and become one of the best airline caterers in the world.THAI in-flight Sawasdee magazine also offers THAI passengers traveling on all THAI international routes with up-to-date information on THAI and premium quality travel articles and facts, which proves widely popular among passengers.With over 24,000 qualify staff worldwide, THAI has continued to introduce advance technology and effective training courses to further enhance human resource quality and development, enabling THAI to take another successful step towards the new millennium.
The World’s Best Airline Awards
- Best Airline Awards from Skytrax:
- 3rd place for World’s Best Airline Cabin Crew
- 4th place for World’s Best Airport Services
- 5th in Best Airline Staff in Asia
- 6th in World’s Best Economy Class
- 9th in Best Economy Class Airline Catering
The World’s Best Airline Awards
- Best Airline Awards from Skytrax:
- World’s Best Airline Lounge Spa 2019
- Best Airline Staff in Asia 2019
- World’s Top 10 Airlines of 2019
- World’s Best Airport Services 2019
- World’s Best Economy Class Airlines 2019
- World’s Best Business Class Airlines 2019
- World’s Best Airline Cabin Crew 2019
- Best Cabin Crew in Thailand 2019
- Best Intercontinental Airline from The Grand Travel Awards 2019
- Best Catering Award 2018 from Air China in Thailand
- Best Airline Award from TripAdvisor in 2019 (3 consecutive years)
- Best Catering Award 2018 from Air China in Thailand
- Certificate of Appreciation from Japan Airline in Thailand
- TTG Travel Hall of Fame from TTG Travel Awards 2019 (10 consecutive years) and THAI has been honored to be inscribed in TTG Travel Hall of Fame from 2016 to present.
- The Best On Time Performance 2019 for International Flights Award from AIRNAV Indonesia
- 3 awards from Suvarnabhumi Service Excellence (SSE) 2019 from Suvarnabhumi International Airport which are:
- Excellence Service Improvement Awards in 2019
- A ground service staff under Customer Airlines Passenger Services Delivery Department was awarded with a Staff Service Excellent Awards Silver Medal 2019
- A staff under the Special Service Department was awarded with a Staff Service Model Awards Bronze Medal 2019
- Full Service Airline – Best Website Award from TravelMole – ITB Asia Awards 2019
- Executive Vice President, Technical Department was awarded with “Role Model Award 2019” by Ministry of Transport
The World’s Best Airline Awards
- Three Best Airline Awards from Skytrax
- No. 1 in the World’s Best Economy Class
- No. 1 in the World’s Best Airline Lounge Spa
- No. 1 in the Best Economy Class Onboard Catering
- Top 10 in World’s Best Airline 2018
- Best South-East Asian Airline for 11 consecutive years, from TTG Travel Awards 2018
- One of the top 11 Best Traveler’s Choice Major Airlines – Asia from TripAdvisor
- Corporate Service Excellence Award from Airports of Thailand
- The DHL Outstanding Handling Service in Bangkok from DHL Express International (Thailand)
- The Agent-Friendly Airline Award from the Korea Association of Travel Agents
- Top Air Tickets Sale Award at the Travelport Solutions Showcase and Awards Ceremony 2018, Republic of Singapore
- Top Agent Award presented by the Japan National Tourism Organization, Bangkok
- 2017 Excellent Catering Service Award from EVA Air, Thailand
- Second Place award, Favorite In-flight Food & Beverage and Second Place Award, Favorite Airline Loyalty Program for the Royal Orchid Plus Mileage Program, from the Kayak Website
- Certificate, Thai SELECT from the Department of Trade Promotion, Ministry of Commerce in the THAIFEx – World of Food Asia 2018.
Corporate Governance & Corporate Social Responsibility Awards
- Sustainability Report Award, Outstanding, from Thai Listed Companies Association
- Survey results from the Corporate Governance Report of Thai Listed Companies – CGR 2018 by the Thai Institute of Directors: THAI scored 92 points (Excellent), with the highest mark of five stars from the National Corporate Governance Committee.
Safety and Environment Awards
- National Occupational Safety, Health, and Environmental Excellence Award 2018: Diamond Level for the Operations Center Building
- Carbon Offset Certificate and Corporate Carbon Footprint from Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization (Public Organization)
- Honorary Shield for Corporate Support in the Legend of Trees Program from the Cultural Promotion Office, Ministry of Culture, for participation in the “Trees-Heritage of the Land under His Majesty’s Benevolence”.
- Runner-up, Outstanding Suriya Sasithorn Award for corporate calendar and runner-up, Suriya Sasithorn Award for THAI’s notebook, both based on the theme “A New Thai Vision”, for the category of national identity and Thai culture promotion at the 38th Suriya Sasithorn Award Ceremony 2018, organized by the Public Relations Association of Thailand.
- THAI was bestowed an Honorary Shield for the support of central Mawlid celebrations (commemorating the Prophet Muhammad’s birthday) of 1439 AH by His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun.
- The THAI team received a cup for 8th Place from 50 teams in the 23rd National Elderly Athletics Competition, 2018 at Lampang Province.
The World’s Best Airline Awards
- 3 Best Airline Awards from Skytrax
- No. 1 in the World’s Best Economy Class
- No. 1 in the World’s Best Airline Lounge Spa
- No. 1 in the Best Economy Class Onboard Catering
- Top 3 for Best Economy Class Airline Seats
- Best South-East Asian Airline for 10 consecutive years, from TTG Travel Awards 2017
- The 8th place under the Best Long-haul Airlines, from Telegraph Travel Awards 2017
- The Most Influential Thai Company in Belgium and Luxembourg Award, from the Belgian-Luxembourg/ Thai Chamber of Commerce (BeLuThai)
- People’s Choice Awards – Top Choice – Airline Category, voted by over 3.7 million Chinese tourists
- Corporate Service Excellence Award 2016 in Suvarnabhumi Service Excellence 2016, organized by Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited
- “Honorable Award for Excellent Service” for Ground Service Department for its excellent ground customer and equipment services, from China Eastern Airlines
- “Outstanding Catering Performance Awards 2016” due to its high quality and food safety standards, in addition to meal production and in-flight meal delivery standards to its customer Air Macau at Suvarnabhumi Airport
- “Honorable Award for Excellent Service” for Catering Department for its excellent meal preparation, inflight meal delivery, and in-flight catering equipment management provided, from China Eastern Airlines.
- Best Inflight Food 2017, voted by International Flight Service Association (IFSA) members
Corporate Social Responsibility Awards
- “Corporate Social Responsibility Award” Type: Customer Choice Awards, from Payload Asia Awards 2017
- THAI was selected by the Financial Times and London Stock Exchange (FTSE) to be a member in the FTSE4Good Index Series, designed to identify companies that demonstrate strong environmental, social and governance practices measured against globally recognized standards.
- Sustainability Report Award Type: Recognition, from Thai Listed Companies Association
Safety and Environment Awards
- National Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Excellence Award 2017: Diamond Level for Commercial Cargo and Mail Department and Operation Center Building, from the Ministry of Labour
- Carbon Neutral Certificate, from Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization (Public Organization)
- Corporate Carbon Footprint Certificate, from Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization (Public Organization)
- Adam Smith Awards Asia 2017 (Best Risk Management Solution), organized by Treasury Today Asia
- Outstanding Suriya Sasithorn Award for THAI’s wall calendar and the second place Suriya Sasithorn Award for THAI’s notebook, both based on the theme “Samrab Thai”, under the support of national identity and national culture category at the 37th Suriya Sasithorn Award Ceremony 2017, organized by the Public Relations Association of Thailand.
- A THAI Catering Chef received a Bronze Medal in an international inflight meal cooking competition at the “Sky Delight Awards 2017”, held during the Sky Service Forum 2017 in Moscow, Russia. He also received the honor to be listed as a chef in the Russian Chefs Association.
The World’s Best Airline Awards
- Today’s Traveller Best International Airline Awards 2015
- The World’s Best Airline Lounge Spa Facility 2015, awarded by Skytrax
- TTG Travel Awards – Best Airline in the Asia Pacific 2015
- Business Traveller Asia Pacific Awards 2015 – received 4 awards:
- Second place, Best Airline Economy Class
- Top 3 for Best Frequent Flyer Programme
- Top 3 for Best Asia Pacific Airline
- Top 3 for Best Airline Lounge, Asia Pacific
- Airlineratings.com awards: ranked as one of the top ten airlines with best First Class service and best Long Haul Economy Class services
- China Travel Awards given by Travel Plus Magazine, China – Best Airline Award 2015, as the airline with excellent worldwide network coverage and service standard with the Thai charm, and excellent fleet development.
- Smart Travel Asia’s Best Airline Awards 2015, ranked as follows:
- 3rd place in the airlines with the best on-board services
- 5th place in the Business Class Service provision
- 6th place in the World’s Best Airlines
- Asia’s Most Admired Brand 2014-15 from WERC Singapore and KPMG India
- Travel and Leisure Magazine Awards 2015 – received 3 awards:
- Top 5 World’s Best Airlines for Customer Service 2015 – awarded to service with smile, first class food, comfortable seats and excellent childcare
- Ranked 7th in the World’s Best Airlines International Airlines 2015 – due to excellence in all aspects; ground service, in-flight meals, seating comfort, onboard facilities, and air mileage program
- Ranked 7th in the World’s Best Airlines for Food 2015 – due to excellence in food and beverages served
- Logistics Development Award in the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) 2015 from the Ministry of Industry
- Accredited a Thai Select logo from the Ministry of Commerce at THAIFEX 2015
- Silver award, Best Middle Haul Caterer 2014 from EVA Airways
- Certificate of ESG100 Companies 2015 as a registered company with outstanding performance in environmental, social and good governance areas.
- Safety Excellence Award 2015 from Ministry of Labour, Commercial Cargo and Mail Dept.
- Certificate for support of the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Initiative from Greenhouse Gas Management Organization (TGO)
- Thailand Sustainability Investment 2015 from The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET)
- Sustainability Report Award from Listed Companies Association of Thailand
- Thailand Energy Awards 2015 – Outstanding Building Control System – Ministry of Energy
- Award for Best Disabled Access from the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security
- Excellence award – Green Offices
- THAI received awards for “the Best Establishment in Safety, Hygiene and Environment” and for “Professional Security Officer” at the national level for 2012.
- THAI received “CSRI Recognition 2012” award for the Most Improved CSR by the Stock of Exchange of Thailand.
- THAI was awarded the best in “the Effective Implementation of an Integrated Package” and was awarded for “the Project Development of Public Information Center” by the Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission.
- “Sawasdee”, THAI’s in-flight magazine, received an award of Excellence in “The Best Feature on Asian Travel” at the Asian Publication Awards (APA) and also received the “Bronze Award for Design: Most Improved Publication, B2C” by the Custom Content Council.
- THAI was awarded “the Best Intercontinental Airline” at the prestigious Norwegian Grand Travel Award 2011 for the 8th consecutive year.
- THAI received awards for “Outstanding Personnel” in team performance in the category of energy management in buildings and an “Outstanding Performance in Energy Conservation” in the category of inventive green building at the Thailand Energy Award 2011.
- THAI has once again received an award for Best Intercontinental Airline in the Norwegian Grand Travel Award 2010. This is the sixth consecutive year that THAI has won this prestigious award.The Grand Travel award was arranged for the 15th time, with 18 different categories. The nominees were elected by a travel trade jury, and the voting was done by a random selection of more than 400 travel agents all over Norway.
- THAI received two prestigious Suriyasasithorn Award 2010 in two categories; The Best calendar of the Year and the “Best Graphic Design Award” from the Public Relations Society of Thailand.
- THAI received Business Traveller Award 2009 for Best Ground Service and Best Lounges, Business Traveller Award is Germany’s renowned prize awarded every year by Germany’s business travel magazine, Business Traveller. The results of this award are based on a comprehensive survey among the magazine’s readership.
- THAI won Skytrax Best Airport Services and Best Airline Lounge – First Class at the 2010 World Airline Awards . Customers clearly trust and appreciate THAI when it comes to services offered at the airport, that include THAI’s renowned Royal First Class lounge. More than 17.9 million air travelers from over 100 different nationalities took part in the 10-month survey, between July 2009 and April 2010. The awards are respected and recognized around the world for being the only truly global, independent passenger survey of airline standards.
- THAI was voted second for Best Intercontinental Airlines at the 17th Grand Travel Award Ceremony in Stockholm. The votes were conducted with over 1,200 travel agents in Stockholm, Denmark and Norway.
- THAI voted second for Best Asian Carrier at the sixth annual Go Asia Awards. The award was presented to THAI at ITB 2009 in Berlin, Germany. In addition, Thailand also received the Go Asia Award for being the Best Travel Destination in Asia. The Go Asia initiative was founded in 2003 in order to enhance the travel market in the German speaking regions. The ranking was based on the results of an online survey at www.goasia.de, conducted between October, 2008, and February 15, 2009. An overall number of 1,457 expedients from travel agencies, tour operators and other tourism related businesses plus 2,228 end consumers casted their votes.
- THAI’s Royal First Class Lounge at Suvarnabhumi Airport ranked the Best in Skytrax 2009 global survey of airlines. Besides, THAI’s airline cabin staff category has also climbed up from fourth to third place and THAI remains among the top five in the Best First Class Airline Award. The Skytrax “World Airline Awards” are conducted between August 2008 and March 2009. The Awards are highly regarded as “the world’s most respected and recognized Airline Awards.” In the lounge section, THAI features five stars dining options and offers Spa and massage services for its customers. Staff services at THAI’s Royal First Class Lounge also earned five stars on service efficiency as well as general customer care.
- THAI voted winner of the , Trusted Brands Platinum Award for the Airline category in Thailand 2009. Trusted Brands Platinum Award in the Airline category for 11 consecutive years.” Reader’s Digest Asia Trusted Brand Survey was launched in 1999 and has been carried out annually for the past eleven years. Over 400,000 questionnaires were mailed by Reader’s Digest magazine last October, while about 170,000 calls were conducted by the Nielson Company during September to October 2008. The Platinum Trusted Brand Award was rated according to six qualitative criteria: Trustworthiness & Credibility, Quality, Value, Understanding of Customer Needs, Innovative and Social Responsibility.
- THAI Ranked top three of the world’s best airlines, best business class and best cabin service among frequent flyers in the SmartTravelAsia.com travel magazine poll. The poll lasted for three months, starting from May to July. Approximately 60 percent of the voters were based in Asia, largely in Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and the Middle East.
- THAI Receives Best Caterer of 2008 Award from China Airline. The Award was presented to the Catering Department in appreciation of its efforts and excellent service in providing Catering services to China Airline. Currently, THAI Catering produces more than 700,000 meals per year for China Airlines
- THAI won the Thailand ICT Awards EXPO 2009 under the category of tourism and hospitality from the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology for for Cabin Attendant Pre-Flight Study and Briefing System , which was designed and developed by THAI staff.
- THAI receivedSuriyasasithorn Award for outstanding hanging calendar in the area of enhancement of the society and environment and a runner-up award for THAI’s desk calendar for the same area for 2008 from the Thai National Association of Public Relations.
- THAI won the prestigious ‘Aseanta Awards for Excllence 2008’s on Best ASEAN Conservation Effort Award for its “Keep the World Beautiful” with THAI campaign. The ‘Keep the World Beautiful’ campaign is created to portray the stunning natural beauty of the selected destinations from the airlines’network. The ASEANTA Awards for Excellence in Tourism is an annual event held by the ASEAN Tourism Association (ASEANTA) to recognize individuals and organizations with distinct supports and contributions to the tourism industry, products and services in the ASEAN region.
- THAI received an award for Best Intercontinental Airline in the Norwegian Grand Travel Award 2008 for the fourth consecutive year. The election was done by a travel trade jury, and also a random selection of more than 400 travel agents all over Norway.
- THAI was ranked among the Best First Class and Business Class Airlines in the world by Luxury Travel Magazine’s Gold List 2008 in Australia.
- THAI was recently voted 3rd place for Best Airline at the fifth annual Go Asia Awards for the second consecutive year. The award was presented to THAI at ITB 2008 in Berlin, Germany. The votes were conducted in cooperation with the readers of a consumer travel magazine, “Reise + Preise”, as well as travel agents throughout Germany.
- THAI was ranked third for the Top 10 International Airlines category of the Travel and Leisure magazine’s 13th World’s Best Awards 2008. Readers of Travel and Leisure magazine selected THAI as their third favourite international airline in addition to selecting Bangkok as the top best city in the World’s Best Awards 2008.
- THAI has won three prestigious 2008 energy awards from the Ministry of Energy’s Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency in the following categories: Management for Energy Saving in a “Controlled Building,” “Existing Building Energy Management” for THAI’s Head Office on Vibhavadee Rangsit Road, and “New Building Energy Management” for THAI’s Operations Centre, Suvarnabhumi Airport.
- THAI has been ranked in third place for the top 10 best airlines in the world in the survey by SmartTravel Asia.Commagazine. THAI was also second in cabin service and third in the top 10 business class categories. The poll attracts a worldwide audience from countries and cities as diverse as Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, China, India, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Middle East, UK/Europe as well as USA and North America, representing a litmus test of global travel brand perception.
- THAI was voted Best Airline in Southeast Asia from from Global Traveler Magazine 2008 from Global Traveler, a leading Travel Magazine in North America. Global Traveler conducted its fifth annual survey of its readers from January 1 2008 to August 31, 2008, with open-ended questions for the best in 55 updated categories of business and luxury travel. A total of 31,457 readers completed questionnaires, based on a survey conducted in subscriber copies of the magazine and online through the Global Traveler website.
- THAI received a runner up award at the Asean Energy Awards 2008 for New and Existing Buildings in Singapore.
- THAI received an award for best facilities geared towards accommodating handicapped persons for 2008 from National Office for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (NEP).
- THAI was ranked 2nd for its first class lounge and 4th for “Best Cabin Staff” by Skytrax Airline of the Year 2008.
- THAI received the Mercury Awards 2008 from International Travel Catering Association (ITCA) under the category of Skill Development for Good Agricultural Practice (GAP), recognizing THAI’s implementation of good agricultural practice in educational and training processes, systems, and products, which successfully enhances customer services. The Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) program was developed in 2003 as a cooperative effort by THAI’s Catering Department and Kasetsart University for contract farming, which educates farmers in order to develop and produce good and safe raw materials for THAI’s Catering Department.
- THAI was ranked in the second place under the category of the best international airlines by Travel News Magazine, Sweden
- THAI American Express Platinum Credit Card was voted was the winner of the 19th Freddie Awards for Asia Pacific in the category of Best Co-brand Card.
- THAI received the Best First Class Lounge Award 2007 at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport in addition, THAI was awarded second place under the Best Airline of the Year 2007 category, up from fourth place in 2006 from Skytrax’s 2006/7 World Airline Survey.
- THAI received 28th Telly Awards under the category of Best Travel & Tourism Video-Sawasdee Thailand.
- THAI received 2007 Best South-East Asian Airline from TTG Travel Award magazine.
- THAI’s onboard food and beverage service received the Meal of the Week award in 2007 for its first class meal on the Bangkok-Hong Kong flight.
- THAI was awarded the Best White Wine by Best Traveller magazine.
- The Best in Test award was given to THAI by a major Swedish newspaper “Expressen” for its long-haul service in comparison with all other airlines flying out of Stockholm.
- THAI was ranked one of the best airlines in the world under the category of Transatlantic Routes – Business Class from Conde Nast Traveler Business Travel Awards.
- THAI was voted “Best Transpacific AIrline” in 2007 survey from the prestigious Global Traveler magazine. THAI also won top award for serving the “Best Red Wine” of any airline. This is valuable recognition of the quality and service of our non-stop Los Angeles-Bangkok operation.
- THAI was ranked in third place for Business Traveller Awards 2007 under the category of Best Asian Airline resulting from a reader survey compiled between April and June 2007, and were carried out by an independent market research company.
- THAI was rated the “Best Check-in Star Network” by Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline alliance with 21 members, of which THAI was the first Asian member to join. It was the natural friendliness of THAI’s check in staff that helped achieve this important award.
- THAI was ranked one of the best top twelfth airlines in the world under the category of First Class and Business Class from Luxury Travel Magazine, Australia.
- THAI received 2006 Cabin Staff Service Excellence award from the research of customer satisfaction by Skytrax through www.airlinequality.com.
- THAI received the award for best intercontinental airline in the Norwegian Grand Travel Award 2006. The election is done by a travel trade jury, and a random selection of 300 travel agents all over Norway. In addition, Thailand won the award for the best tourist country in the World.
- THAI received Swedish Grand Travel Award 2006 in the category of Best Intercontinental Airline. The election is done by a travel trade jury, and a random selection of 600 travel agents all over Sweden. In addition, Thailand won the award for the best tourist country in the World.
- THAI’s Royal Orchid Holiday Brochure received PATA Gold Awards 2006 from Pacific Asia Travel Association.
- THAI was awarded the best service airlineand the best airline on asian routesfrom Agenttravel magazine who conducted a survey during 2005 among 800 travel agents in Spain.
- THAI received WAEA Avion Award 2006 in the category of Best Entertainment for Inseat System from World Airlines Entertainment Association
- THAI’s Cargo & Mail Commercial Department received National Occupational Safety and Healthy Award 2006 from the Department of Labor Welfare and Protection, Ministry of Labor
- THAI’s Air Cargo & Mail Commercial Department received Award of Excellence “Air Carrier” 2006 by achieving a superior overall score from the readers of Air Cargo World magazine
- THAI’s Air Cargo & Mail Commercial Department was presented FAPAA Award 2006 for the Third Best Airline for Cargo Service from the Federation of Asia-Pacific Air Cargo Associations
- THAI was awarded “Best Trans-Pacific Airline Award 2006” by Global Traveler magazine, as a result of an annual reader survey featured in the magazine from February to August 2006.
- THAI was awarded the”Grand Travel Award 2005″ in Norway based on the criteria of “Best full-service product and service both before, during and after travel,” with consideration made by a jury of 300 selected travel consultants worldwide.
- THAI’s Sawasdee magazine was recently awarded one of the PATA Gold Awards 2005 under the Travel Photography category for “Straight to the Top”.
- THAI received the Suriyasasidhorn 2005 runner-up prize for excellent wall calendar in the general category from the Public Relations Society of Thailand
- THAI’s Royal Orchid Lounge received the “Excellent Management System and Hygiene in Passenger Lounge Award” from Ministry of Public Health for the implementation of the airline’s “High Hygiene in Royal Orchid Lounge” Project
- THAI’s Royal Orchid Holidays was presented the “Best of Best Product” from Metro Newspaper, Korean Newspaper.
- THAI was ranked the first of onboard catering service in Economy Class and the seventh in the category of best airline in the world by Skytrax’s passenger survey ranking. Besides that, THAI still received passenger survey ranking on Skytrax’s website, with details as follows – the second rank for onboard staff service in the world and in Asia-the second rank for Royal First Class Lounge – the ninth rank for onboard catering service in Royal First Class. Skytrax is a United Kingdom-based researching company for commercial airlines. It carries out international traveler surveys to find the best cabin staff, airport, airline, airline lounge, in-flight entertainment, onboard catering, and several other elements of air travel.
- THAI was awarded the 26th Annual Telly Award under the category of Best Travel&Tourism Video “Happiness in Thailand” and Best Entertainment Production – “TV1 compilation from May-June Cycle. Telly Awards is the premier award honoring outstanding local, regional, and cable TV commercials and programs, as well as the finest video and film productions.
- Mr. Kanok Abhiradee, THAI’s President receives the 2005 Skytrax “World Airline Leadership Award”
- THAI was ranked the forth of the best tenth airlines resulting from the survey of Travel+Leisure magazine between January-March 2005.
- THAI was voted top-five in five categories namely, Favourite Airline Overall; Favourite Business Class; Favourite Economy Class; Favourite Cabin Service and Favourite Airline Food from SmartTravel Asia.Com.
- THAI was awarded TTG Travel Award (Travel Trade Gazette) under the category of the “Best Airline – Business Class”. As Thai has been actively moving forward in all areas, including inflight and ground services.
- THAI wins the silver prize in the overall category of best long haul carrier and the bronze award in the category of best scheduled airline from “Reiseblick” one of Switzerland’s leading consumer travel magazine. The consumer based survey was based on the following criteria 1. Friendliness of Staff 2. Catering 3. Entertainment 4. Seat Pitch 5. Cabin Cleanness 6. Safety, on time performance and overall value for money
- THAI’s Catering was awarded a plaque and a certificate from Ministry of Public Health for hygienic food
- THAI’s Standards & General Administration Department was presented a certificate from The IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA)
- THAI was votedthe second best intercontinental airlines by Stand By, the Danish Travel Magazine.
- THAI was voted the second best Intercontinental airlines of the Year” at the Annual Danish Travel Awards Ceremony for the sixth consecutive year. Survey results were based on judgment concerning performance in the areas of inflight service, ground service, and town office service in Copenhagen.
- THAI ranked first place for “Best Sparking Wine” served in First Class, in a survey conducted by Business Traveller Magazine and Wine International, in the Cellars in the Sky Awards 2005.
- THAI received an award at the “20th ASEANTA Awards for Excellence 2006” under the category the “Best ASEAN Travel Article” for the article entitled “A Fragile Force” that appeared in Sawasdee inflight magazine’s July 2005.
- THAI was voted the best intercontinental airlines by RES, the Swedish Magazine.
- THAI received 2 prizes Commercial program from ASEANTA AWARDS FOR EXECELLENCE 2004 , Best ASEATA Marketing & Promotional Campaign Award and Best ASEAN Travel Article Award.(99 cool things about Bangkok from SAWASDEE Magazine) in the occasion , The ASEAN Tourism Forum, Laos International Trade Exhibition and Convention Centre.
- THAI was voted being One of the third Popular Airlines, One of the best fifth airlines and One of the best third services from the search of www.smarttravelasia.com for year 2004.
- THAI won the award of the National Flag Show, sort of state enterprizes in the area of districts and provinces.
- Emirates Airline presents the Ground Handling Agent award to THAI, in the event of Customer Activities Conference, Partnership in Excellence , for THAI’s Bangkok station has been voted for ground safety control 3 years continuously.
- THAI won the fifth runner-up Best Airlines of the world award and second award of Best Airlines in South East Asia from the research of customer satisfaction by Skytrax from 90 nations around the world through www.airquality.combetween June 2002 – March 2004
- THAI’s Ground Support and Equipment Services Department was selected as a Country quality business handling 2004 in safety , hygienic and environment within workshop area , by Occupational Safety and Health Inspection Division ,Department of Labour Protection and Welfare.
- THAI’s Cargo and Mail Commercial won 3 prizes from Department of Labour Protection and Welfare, Good Handling workshop and Managing, Occupational Safety and Health, Health and Environment.
- THAI received 2 of The Best’s Asia International Airline 2004 from Korea Times Best Brand Awards 2004 and FOCUS Brand Award 2004 as votes from both newspaper’s reader in Korea.
- THAI’s Royal Orchid Plus, the Frequent Flyers Program, received the second runner-up International Airline for Best services by Freddy Awards.
- THAI was awarded the “Airline of the Year” TTG Travel Award (Travel Trade Gazette). TTG Travel Award recognized 51 organizations and individuals from the Asia-Pacific region.
- THAI’s Royal First Class Lounge was ranked one of the fifth airlines in the world by the Skytrax 2004/5 league for its combined quality of product and service.
- THAI was voted the “Best Intercontinental Airline of the Year” at the Annual Danish Travel Awards Ceremony for the fifth consecutive year. Survey results were based on judgment concerning performance in the areas of inflight service, ground service, and town office service in Copenhagen.
- THAI was awarded a plaque from the World Health Organization (WHO) for excellent in-cabin management of hygienic systems, in Geneva, Switzerland. THAI is the first company to receive this award due to introduction of preventive SARS measures that the airline has continually implemented following the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) outbreak.
- THAI was ranked the second runner-up best airline of the world from 300 leading airlines by Wanderlust magazine.
- THAI was awarded the fastest growing airline in Asia from the organizer of Airline Marketing Workshop at Athens Airport, Greece.
- THAI’s Sawasdee magazine received the second prize of Avion Award from World Entertainment magazine.
- THAI was presented PATA Gold Award 2004 in the best of electronic advertising category.
- THAI’s champagne was awarded Best Cellar in the Sky 2004 and the second runner-up of red wine from Business Traveler magazine.
- THAI’s champagne was awarded Best Cellars in The Sky 2003 Award from Business Traveller magazine.
- THAI was ranked for The World’s Best Airlines in this year from Business Traveller
- The Fourth Best Airline in the world
- The Third Best Asia-Pacific Airline
- The Sixth Best First Class
- The Ninth Best Business Class
- The Third Best Economy Class
- The Sixth Best Frequent Flyer Programme
- THAI won the award for Best International Airline from the Denmark Tourism Authority for the fourth consecutive year. The decision was based on a survey conducted by the Denmark Research Institute.
- THAI was voted from the readers of Time Asia Magazine for the second runner up in the Preferred Airline Category.
- THAI received the TTG Honours 2003 Award for creativity in its airline promotional campaign “Luck is in the Air” to boost pasenger travel and confidence following the SARS crisis from Mr.Sontaya Kunplome, Minister of Tourism and Sports.
- THAI has received the Disclosure Award 2003 from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a listed company with generous disclosure of information for the second successive year.
- THAI has been ranked one of top 10 companies in the category of “High Quality Service/Products for Thailand” in ranking of Asia’s leading companies by Far Eastern Economic Reveiw. THAI was recognized in the following five areas: 1. High quality products and services 2. Innovativeness in responding to customer needs 3. Long- term vision of management 4. Finacial soundness 5. A company others would like to emulate.
Magazine in the following categories :
- Four advertising entries of THAI won top prizes in the PATA Gold Awards for third consecutive year. The four entries were:
- Category – Heritage & Culture Suwannaphumi 2002 The Golden Land: Thailand/Cambodia/Laos/Myanmar
- Category – Travel Advertisement – Electronic Media THAI domestic TV commercial “Sawasdee Andaman” 3. Category – Customer Travel Brochure Royal Orchid Holidays Brochure 2001/02 4. Category – Travel Poster “Smooth as Silk to Myanmar Laos Vietnam, and Hong Kong”.
- At the 14th Annual Freddie Awards, THAI’s Royal Orchid Plus was voted as the world’s best frequent flyer and frequent traveller programmes in three key categories; Best Customer Service Best Award Redemption and Best Website under the total of 9 categories.
- THAI’s inflight magazine “Sawasdee” won two awards under the categories of “Design Features” and “Photography: Reportage (story)” at the 37th Publication Design Competition organized by the Society of Publication Designers (SPD) of New York.
- THAI was voted winner of the Outstanding Brand Performance Platinum Award 2002 by readers of Reader’s Digest for third consecutive year. The award was given to THAI in recognition of its outstanding service standard, being selected by passengers as their choice of carrier.
- THAI was ranked one of top three airlines in the Asia-Pacific in 2002 by Business Traveller Asia Pacific magazine under the category of – one of three “Best Asia-Pacific Airlines” in 2002 – one of 10 “Best Airlines” worldwide in 2002 – one of 10 “Best First Class” operators worldwide in 2002 – one of five “Best Economy Class” in the world for the year 2002 – one of five “Best Frequent Flyer Program” airline mileage accumulation programs in the world in 2002.
- THAI was awarded by Conde Naste Traveller as one of three airlines providing the “Best International Long-Hual” service 2002
- THAI was voted as the “Best Southeast Asian Airline” in 2002 by Travel Trade Gazette (TTG), a leading business travel magazine.
- THAI was selected for the “Best Intercontinental Airline of the year” award for the third consecutive year in the “Danish Travel Awards” ceremony for the year 2002.
- THAI received the Disclosure Award 2002 from H.E. Mr.Somkid Jatusripitak, Finance Minister and President of the Security Exchange Commission, for being an exemplary listed company comcerning information disclosure.
- THAI’s inflight magazine, “Sawasdee” July 2002 issue featured “Thai Food Special” won gold Eddie Awards at the Folio: annual awards programme: the Eddies and the Ozzies”
- THAI has received an Honorable Mention for customer service from the Automatic Check-in and Ticketing System Project, in the 2nd contest of the State Sector IT Awards, 2002.
- THAI’s floral float made a remarkable entry at the 112th Rose Parade in Pasadena, California, USA, under the theme “Getting to Know You”, and won the Craftsman Award.
- THAI has been awarded the top four ASEAN AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE 2001 by ASEAN Tourism Association (ASEANTA) under advertising and public relations category;
- Best Asean Cultural Preservation Effort; the promotional materials printed with THAI’s painted aircraft – Suphannahong and Narai Sog Suban
- Best Asean Poster; THAI’s promotional posters featuring Cambodia, Indonesia and Trang Province of Thailand
- Best New Tourism Attraction in the Asean Region; THAI’s Underwater Wedding Project organized in Trang Province of Thailand, and
- Best Airlines Program into Asean; THAI’s Royal Orchid Holidays Program 2000/2001
- THAI won 2001 PATA Gold Awards under the category of TRAVEL POSTER as follows; Smooth as Silk to Trang, Smooth as Silk to Indonesia, Smooth as Silk to Cambodia and Smooth as silk to China.
- THAI’s Provincial Station Service Department (Chiang Mai) and G.S.E. Maintenance Services Department were awarded ISO 9002 Certification from RW Tuv Institution Germany.
- THAI’s Technical Department and the New Aircraft Maintenance Facility at U-TAPAO Airport were awarded ISO 14001 from BVQI (Bureau Veritas Quality International)
- The Catering Services Department of THAI was awarded The Prime Minister’s Industry Award 2001 under the category Quality Management. Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra officially presented the award on 4th May.
- THAI was received first place rank for serving the best wine on board its Executive Class and was awarded 2001 Best Overall Business Traveller’s Cellars in the Sky Award by Business Traveller’s Magazine. THAI was also voted top for Best White Wine and ranked among the top five Asia Pacific airlines for serving the best champange of board.
- THAI was awarded by leading Japanese travel consultant companies to receive the first prize national. marketing award to mark the campaign “Have You Ever Seen World Heritage” in Japan
- THAI was ranked top on Holiday Asia’s website; www.holiday-asia.com, for the Favorite Airline poll.
- Thai Airways International was voted among the top three Best Asia-Pacific airlines and Best Economy Class, according to the Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Readers’ Poll survey published in the October 2001 issue. THAI was also ranked among the top five for overall Best Airline, Best Business Class and Best Frequent Flyer Program.
- Thai Airways International has recently been voted the “Best Intercontinental Airline” at the Danish Travel Award 2001 ceremony. The survey was conducted by DMA/Research on behalf of STAND BY, a Scandinavian travel trade publication.
- THAI’s Second Aircraft Maintenance Center in U-Tapao recently received an Air Agency Certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the maintenance center being capable of conducting overhaul checks on Boeing 747-400 aircraft, effective from 30 November 2001 onwards.
- THAI’s Osaka Office in Japn has been declared the winner of the “Kodansha Advertising Award 2001” due to the advertising campaign in route between Osaka-Bangkok.
- THAI was received the 2001 Fire Protection System in hugh building by Office of the Prime Minister.
- THAI won the Airbus Industries Award for the utilization of Airbus 330 fleet in the Asian Region route for its income-generating flights with the highest flying hours in year 2201, compared to the other airlines worldwide using the same model of aircraft. The award was granted to Thai International for being the most punctual airline.
- THAI’s floral float made a remarkable entry at the 111th Rose Parade in Pasadena, California, USA, under the theme “Celebrating Majestic Thailand”, and won the Craftsman Award.
- THAI’s calendar was received 3 awards for the best calendar “Suriyotsasitorn” under the category of promoting the identity and culture of the country.
- THAI’s headquarters was received ISO 14001 certification by Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQI).
- THAI’s General Administration Department was received ISO 9001 certification by Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQI).
- THAI has been awarded the Pacific Area Travel Association (PATA) in Public Relations Gold Award category for the “Trang Millennium Underwater Weddings”.
- THAI was voted for product development and service delivery according to the survey conducted by Inflight Research Survey (IRS). The results were published in the June 2000 issue of the Orient Aviation monthly magazine.
- The Flight Operations Department of THAI was awarded ISO 9001 Certification from Norwegian company Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- THAI’s white wines; Chateau de Rully 1997, Comtes C.de Ternay, Antonin Rodet were selected in the top ten best cellars in the sky awards
- Thai was voted among top ten airlines in the Asia Pacific region under the categories Best Economy Class, Best Airline Food, Best Cabin Crew Service, and Best Frequent Flyers Program.
- THAI’s provincial Station Services Department (Chiang Mai) and G.S.E. Maintenance Services Department were awarded ISO 9002 certification from RW Tuv Institution Germany
- THAI has been voted a winner in the Review 200, the annual survey of Asia’s leading companies under the category of services and products, customer services, long-term vision, financial soundness and companies that others try to emulate. The research was conducted by the Far Eastern Economic Review magazine in associated with AT&T and Concert, and managed by AC Nielsen.
- The Royal Orchid Plus campaign of THAI has won the Freddie Award from the Inside Flyer Magazines for four years under 6 categories; Best Customer Service, Best Award Redemption, Best Elite Level, Best Newsletter Best Website, and the Program of the year.